Air Duct Cleaning for Better Indoor Air Quality
Over time, dirt, debris, and dust can accumulate in your ductwork. Your heating and cooling systems circulate around 1.5 million cubic feet of air through your duct system every day. If the inside of your ductwork is dirty, that means that your air is dirty, too. A dirty duct system also inhibits the performance of your HVAC system.
We recommend inspecting and cleaning your air duct system every five years or so. If you don’t remember the last time you’ve had a professional air duct cleaning, you’re probably due for one. Clean air ducts dramatically improve the quality of your indoor air.
Air Duct Cleaning: Have a Look at Your Home’s Lungs
Carefully remove a vent cover and take a flash picture inside the vent. If you see dust, debris, rodent droppings, or mold, call us. You’ll be breathing easy in no time.
Once Clean, Keep it Clean by Following These Steps:
- Use high-efficiency air cleaners.
- Regularly clean or replace your filters.
- Schedule professional heating and cooling maintenance yearly.
- Ensure your HVAC technician cleans coils and other parts.
- Seal vents and registers during home renovation projects.
- Use high-efficiency vacuum cleaners, preferably with HEPA-filters.
- Clean, vacuum, and dust your home regularly.
- Use your HVAC’s humidification system according to manufacturer instructions.